For outdoor daytrips that are about one hour’s drive away:-
- – going north, is the characteristic Catalan city of Alghero, where you can lose yourself wandering along narrow streets full of small shops or, you can walk along the city’s ancient battlements. And there is Capo Caccia, from where you can enjoy a spectacular view of the bay below, with its rocky overhangs, or where you can visit Neptune’s Cave.
- going south, is Oristano and the beautiful beaches of Sinis, on which you will find the famous “Is Arutas” where the beach is covered with tiny fragments of quartz
Worth a visit:
- – The archaeological museum of Cabras-l Museo Archeologico di Cabras – the museum tells the history of the Sinis peninsula: the prehistoric and prenuragical periods, where the findings date back to a Neolithic village of Cuccuru is Arrius, where you will find a Necropolis at the foot of the Monte Prama hills. This cemetery dates back to the nuragic civilization and was probably reserved for an important family of the time.
- – The Fordonganus Spa and thermal waters, an ancient but very sophisticated spa dating back to between the first and third centuries A.D. The spa is about 30 minute’s drive from the Fluxus hotel. You can visit the archaeological site and then spend a few relaxing hours in the in the modern building which houses the ancient spa.
- – The Byzantine church of San Giovanni in Sinis, dating back to the fifth century, this is an important example of architecture from the early Christian period.
- – The Cabras pond connects, via canals, to the sea, and is the chosen habitat of a flock of pink flamingos and other wild birds, amongst which there are Sultan Chickens, an almost extinct species. Also in this area protected by the WWF you will find tortoises, hedgehogs and hare.